Sunday, June 10, 2012

Summer Salad

I worked at Market Place Grill in college and practically lived on their "Chicken Berry Salad".

Today's meal is super easy and you can use whatever summer produce is in your fridge (or garden!).

Kraft has a new raspberry vinegarette with poppy-seeds so I was inspired to replicate my beloved salad. This dressing is 1/3 of the calories and 1/4 of the sugar that Market Place's signature blueberry poppyseed salad dressing contains.




First, bake your chicken & slice it into chunks. I did not use any seasoning since the chicken would be going into a salad. I want to taste the yummy salad dressing, not a salty seasoning.



Next, open the fridge and start piling on the healthy toppings!

My salad has:
Mandarin oranges (canned)
Craisins
Apples
Cashews
Blue Cheese
Bacon bits (fake)
Purple Onion
Cherry tomatoes
Baked chicken
Raspberry vinegarrette poppyseed salad dressing





This salad is a great option if you're dieting because it is void of all starchy carbs. However, I can't say that I served this for dinner, my husband called it "shower food".

Please excuse any typos as this post was written using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment