Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Tuesday's Food 2.28.2012

Egg white breakfast sandwich, you can find out how to make it here.

I couldn't find an accurate description of my breakfast sandwich, but this one from Starbucks has about the same calories as mine so I used it.

Leftover turkey chili from the night before. I did add some cheddar cheese and saltine crackers. The cheese I used (1/4 cup) had half the calories of the entire bowl of chili. Not sure it was worth it!
I had a sweet potato at 3:00pm. I will bake 2 or 3 sweet potatoes at a time and keep them in the fridge for lunch or snack. I just microwave them and use one sweet-n-low. Being prepared is half the battle of eating right!

 For dinner we had steak stroganoff.  It is simply amazing and my husband's favorite meal. Anytime we have steak (like we did on Sunday night) he will grill one extra and I use it in the next couple days to make this steak stroganoff.  I ate before him and forgot to take a picture of my bowl, so this is his. I didn't eat quite as much as him. :) It is NOT low-calorie, so you must use self control with your portions. One portion size = a deck of cards. So noodles = deck of cards, stroganoff = deck of cards. That being said, click HERE for the recipe.
I went to Target and treated myself to a small sugar-free vanilla skinny latte. It was worth the 102 calories!

I had a baby that wanted to be held while I needed to cook dinner, so I cooked dinner like this!


1 comment:

  1. Do you have the recipe for the beef stroganoff somewhere? Looks delicious! I've started tracking my food Monday along with my workouts. It really helps! Really sad we don't live closer so I could do the bootcamp, but your daily blogs keep me motivated to do mine on my own! Precious baby, btw!! :)

    ReplyDelete